About First Presbyterian Church of Barberton
The First Presbyterian Church of Barberton is a congregation of the PC (USA) that traces its history back to 1892. The Church is centrally located in the heart of Barberton. Directly across the street from the public library, on the southwestern side of Lake Anna, our members live in Barberton, Norton, Clinton, Canal Fulton, Doylestown, Portage Lakes, and Akron.
Members are drawn to our congregation because of our heart for those in need, our traditional, Reformed theology, Bible-centered teaching, and the love of Christ we seek to share.
This congregation has been on the forefront of mission work in our community, ministering with and to our neighbors. This congregation served as the birthplace and launching pad for the highly successful Barberton Area Community Ministries (BACM), still bringing hope and help to those in our area.